Monday, January 16, 2012

Belly Laughs

I recently read Jenny McCarthy's "Belly Laughs" in one sitting.  Now it's not a lengthy saga, but she pretty much wrote the best book about pregnancy that I've come across.  Funny, and oh so true.  


Pregnancy is accompanied by a veracious hunger that I could not fully explain. Even though I may have eaten an entire pizza less than an hour earlier It feels like I haven't eaten in days.  She describes getting to a restaurant with this feeling and asking for bread: 

"Minutes felt like hours, my eyes filled with tears and I begged my husband to go get some bread from the kitchen."

If I don't get something instantaneously I get crazy.  My poor husband has been on the receiving end of crazy on too many occasions.  

On to my next book, "The girl who played with fire"  Just a light read.  I'm sure it will inspire some interesting pregnancy fueled dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment