Thursday, January 5, 2012

New year, New goals

I have to start off by tooting my own horn; in 2011 I actually accomplished my New Year’s resolution (well at least 90% of it).  As 2010 came to a close my sister decided we should run a half marathon together. At that point I hadn’t run further then a 5k and it had been a long time since I’d done that.  
So as I got into training I decided if I was going to do one half, I could do another and I resolved to run a race a month during 2012.  Here we are 12 months and 11 races*, including 2 half marathons, later. Now what??
This year’s resolutions: 
  • Have a healthy baby & be a healthy mom.
  • Get back to “fighting weight” after the baby’s born in June.
  • Run another distance race (10-13k) before the year is out.
  • Document it on the internet.
As a School Psychologist I do a lot of writing.  While it can be tedious to write report after report, I enjoy writing about the kids I see.  I’ve also started writing newsletters for the staff I work with.  As I move into the unknown future of becoming a mom, I’d like to keep writing, even if it’s about diapers rather than statistically significant score variables.
So here goes nothing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment