Friday, January 6, 2012

We're expecting

 Enough hints yesterday?  Today is 18 weeks, June 8th seems like it will be here very quickly.

At this point doctor's appointments  last all of 30 seconds.  My doctor asks how I feel, I list off some general pregnancy symptoms, he finds the baby's heartbeat and then poof we are out the door.  Although these appointments are short, it is incredibly reassuring to hear the babies heartbeat and know that he/she is doing well in there.  

Another upside of our visit, I was cheered for gaining wait.  This is a new experience! My doctor applauded me for "Finally gaining some weight!"  Guess all of the holiday gorging paid off!

Yesterday when I was figuring out what to tittle this blog, I felt the same anxiety that I get when thinking about naming Baby.

We're in the let's talk about baby names stage and are coming up with all sorts of opitions.  Coming up with ludacris ideas is fun. (Would we really take my dad's advice and name the baby Hortence or Hugeo Hornblower???) It's when realistic options are talked about I get nervous.  

This name will be around for a long time.  For baby it's for life, for blog hopefully we'll make the year.  How will baby's name look on their diploma? What about nicknames?

Putting a name out there to people can also be tough. When we tell people what names we are thinking about, because they always ask, I suppose I anticipate the negative reaction.  

So trying to put a tittle on this page I headed to thesaurus.com.  All of the good, read: normal, names are taken at this stage of the game so I went with synonyms.   

There are a lot of changes going on in my life right now, but they are for the most part exciting and I'm feeling pretty jovial.

No comments:

Post a Comment